Friday 31 December 2021

Begone 2021!

 Not in much of a mood for celebration, I’m afraid. 2021 cast us one last, cruel blow in its final few days. My oldest Greek friend, of well over 40 years, departed this life after battling with a health issue. She was a dynamic lady of great warmth and dignity whom I was honoured to call my ‘sister’ and without whom this world is a poorer place.

 The pandemic has forced us to perhaps adapt our perspective and not take things for granted to such as an extent as we previously did.

Our neighbours will be kind enough to share our Hogmanay table as they usually do and I shall be making a toast to dear friends and family members no longer with us – may we cherish the times we spent together with them. But we need to balance our perspective and be thankful for the benefits 2021 provided us with. In my case, being granted Greek nationality was certainly one of the memorable events for me.

 Looking ahead to 2022, like those beautiful beasts below, let us hold our heads high without fear and regrets. Let us embrace life with a heightened sense of who we are, and what we want to achieve in the time that is allotted to us.

                             



We wish you health, happiness, and good cheer in the new year. May 2022 be kind to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment